Good morning. How is your morning going? Mine was productive. I took the dames to get their flu shots. I learned I should get them inoculated once the new flu shots come out in September. So I got mine yesterday afternoon and scheduled them for this morning before school started. Jellybean was eager to get to school because she didn’t want to miss computer lab. Her and her sister were each only 10 minutes tardy.
Well, my gosh it seems like forever since I’ve last posted with the group. It’s been a good three months, yeah?
I have a quick post today. I haven’t been knitting much lately. The reason why is because I’ve been focused on making cards so I could put away my supplies before this weekend – the tween’s having friends over Saturday evening.
However, while I was on hiatus, I made tremendous progress on my San Diego Roses:
To refresh your memory, I’m using two patterns:
- Afterthought Everything Socks by Erica Kempf Broughton
- Smooth Operator Socks by Susan B. Anderson.
I labeled every part of this long tube.
- Afterthought heels are inserted after the main parts of the socks are done.
- I added in waste yarn for the toes. At this point the tube will be divided in half, the live stitches will be placed on two sets of DPN’s, and then the toes will be knitted up.
You can see my WIP is a bit skewed. I discovered that in the area of foot #1, I had dropped a stitch! I had to go back and pick it up and kind of forcibly make space for it for at least 60 rows. I hope everything will block out okay in the end.
When you can, please pop on over to the posts of my lovely group mates:
- Paula has her post up first at her blog, Spin a Yarn
I will updateKatherine ‘s link when shehas her post up on Fiber and Sustenance. I will updateKat ‘s link when shehas her post up on Felinity Knits.
Okie doke. I must run. Laundry is demanding to be addressed and I have cards to make. Have a good Thursday. Thank you for dropping by. TTYL.