Hello. Today’s third installment is Crochet.
Ever since I learned my BFF’s kids liked sea life and cats, I knew I had to make them some amigurumi:
A jellyfish named Jelly-lelly Lelly-jelly (what Sponge Bob sings when he’s jellyfish hunting):
- One Dog Woof’s Crochet Jellyfish pattern
- Yarn = Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash Paints in Arctic Ice
- Hooks used – F, G, H
A kitty named Roly-poly Poly-roly (Take 2):
- Puchimato’s Roly Poly Cats pattern
- Yarn = Berocco Comfort Solids & Heathers in Candy Pink and Pumpkin
- For the tail, I didn’t have a pipe cleaner so I used a twist tie and surrounded it with poly-fil.
- I embroidered the face with black, sock yarn.
- Hooks used – E & F
- This was a take two because the first time, which was in different yarns, I didn’t like the gaps in the legs and was cutting them off when I accidentally cut into the body! (╯︵╰,)
These two amigurumi are only half of their gifts. I haven’t sewn for a few months but I ordered cute, printed, canvas fabric from Etsy to make each girl a tote bag. I’ll post about that when I get goin’ on those.
Almost there to Friday. May your Thursday zoom by. TTYL. Bye.