Good evening. This is probably the latest post I’ve ever typed up. My gosh I live for Saturdays. I love being able to sleep in and not have to work out. I like spending the day through what I’m in the mood for.
Today was busy but in a good and productive way. Earlier, I spent at least two hours helping our tween clean out her room. She halved her book collection, having outgrown several series (I told her dad he needs to take her and her sister to the used bookstore so they can get some money for those books or at least store credit.). The two of us moved things around so I we could go through what was on the ヘ（。□°）ヘ floor. Pencils, necklaces, markers, playing cards, dust, glitter, broken toys, etc! I swept up places while my kid tore up old work into pieces for recycling. I swear at least two, large garbage bags were filled and several paper bags. While I cleaned out our kitchen junk box, the husband ordered Mountain Mike’s Family Deal (Buffalo wings, cheese sticks, and two, large, two-toppings pizzas along with a gallon of soda.).
However, most of my Saturday was spent making a special, birthday card for my younger cousin. I found out from his mum that he’s turning 30 this year! Man, I was like what?! I used to babysit him a lot back in the day and even
spend had spent the night at their house. I’d be set up to sleep on the rugged floor and watch ing a movie in his room. He and I used to watch (He’d sit on my lap.) The Little Mermaid and ET.
So my birthday stamps collection is a little limited. I swung by Michael’s today to pick up the essentials, like adhesive and brads, etc. I totally forgot to take pictures of his card! But, I have this short video of it that I had posted on IG earlier today. Ya ready?
I used Dreaming about Rubber Stamps Tutorial.
Dimensions – My dimensions are slightly bigger.
- Main Card (navy cardstock): 4.5″ across x 5.5″ vertically
- Cream Layer of Main Card: 5.25″ x 4.25″
- Patterned Cardstock of Main Card: 5″ x 4″
- Long Pulling Tab (navy): 9″ long x 2″ wide
- Scoring of Long Tab: 2″, 2.75″, 3.5″, 4.25″
- Holding Band (navy): 4.5″ long x 0.75″ wide
- Small Squares (navy): 2″ x 2″
- Cream Squares: 1.75″ x 1.75″
- DCVW Cartographer Paper Stack
- Recollections 8.5 x 11 Cardstock, navy, black, & cream
Stamps & Stencils
- Stampin Up Party with Cake
- Tim Holtz Stamps & Stencil Set, Retro Pattern
- Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Collection Stampers Anonymous Clear Stamps – The Journey
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Layered Stencil
- Authentic Models A B Seas Alphabet Stamps
- Tim Holtz Mini Distress Ink Pads – Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Gathered Twig, Scattered Straw, Victorian Velvet, & Broken China
- Tim Holtz Distress Mixed Media Palette
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Mini balloon
- Embossing Arts Co. Embossing Powder – Iridescent Peacock
- Ranger Embossing Power, white
- Offray Ribbon
- Recollections Brads
- Tombow Mono Adhesive Dots Dispenser
Okay; it’s late and I need to go to sleep. I hope you had a good Saturday. Thanks for hangin’ out and TTYL.