Hello. I’d like to first thank you for all of your concern and well wishes. I’m feelin’ good. I decided to take the week off because it was uncomfortable in the beginning after my surgery. My wonderful parents drove all the way
last down two Fridays ago to pick up the girls, following my highlighted Google maps and written instructions. The husband took good care of me, making sure I was on top of my pain meds and taking that antibiotic. I spent most of the time just slouched on the couch, binging on the last season of The Good Wife and the original Gillmore Girls while occasionally icing my face and drinking Ensure. I started feeling normal again around Wednesday. I drove up to the city Friday to check in with my perio; I’m healing well but still have the sutures in so I’m still on soft foods and no exercise. Wanna hear a funny, little tidbit? I can’t bend over (Don’t want a lot of blood flow to those areas since I had atypical bleeding in the past.) so I’ve been squatting – not even sore – whenever I need to pick something up or load the front-loading machines. I told E that all that previous working out even enabled me to walk up the hill by Imagiknit without huffing and puffing.
So I’m mailing this birthday card out to my youngest aunt tomorrow after drop off. I used The Craft Meow’s March Sketch Challenge as my guide. I had tried a card technique yesterday to make her card but it came out too dark in its monochromatic color scheme. Therefore it got put away for another time to use.
- (main card) 5.5″ x 5″
- (pink layer) 5 & 3/8″ x 4 & 7/8″
- (floral layer) 5.25″ x 4.75″
- (circle) 2.5″
- (frame banner) 1.75″ x 6″
- (envelope – Sometimes I have to make a bigger one when the front of the card is loaded with embellishments.) 5″ x 6.5″
- Recollections 8 ½ x 11 Cardstock, Cream & Pink Buttons
- American Crafts Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Paper Pad, Emily Jane
- Daiso Designed Kraft Chiyogami
- Birthday Hampton Art Vintologie Clear Acrylic Stamp Stencil Set
- Stampin Up Party with Cake
- Colorbox Pigment Ink – Orchid
- Tim Holtz Distress Mixed Media Palette
- Recollections Circle Lever Punch, 2.5″
- Darice Baker’s Twine
- Embossing Arts Co. Embossing Powder, Iridescent Peacock
- DAISO JAPAN Print Buttons
- DAISO Lace Tape
- Tomboy Permanent Adhesive Dots
- Scotch Foam Mounting Squares
I can’t remember, but I did ever tell you I weigh each card in its envelope? I use my yarn scale; this card is 1.09 oz so I put two stamps on the front. Okay; I’m off to clean up the mess and I guess I’ll be working on a book post for tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by today. TTYL.