Aloha. Happy Mama’s Day no matter when you celebrate. It is a quiet Sunday for me, just the way I like it. The four of us will be going out for a late lunch/early dinner at our usual, Korean spot. I told the husband earlier in the week I wanted haemul pajeon for Mother’s Day.
Yesterday our ohana had a full, half day. Our crew ventured out early to Nunn Better Farms in Brentwood, a place where we went last year. It is our now, annual tradition and Mother’s Day weekend is the first weekend it opens for cherry picking.
- Visited Memorial Day weekend
- Lots of cherries had already been picked, but there were still many for us to pick.
- The cherries were lighter reds and some pink.
- Bigger in size.
- The tween climbed the tree.
- 25 lbs = $87
- Lunch at Pacific Catch in Dublin.
- Visited Mother’s Day weekend
- You could see the red all over the trees.
- The husband thinks the cherries are smaller in size because we went earlier.
- We found tons of dark, ripe ones!
- 24 lbs = $84
- Lunch at Rubios in Livermore downtown
We were seriously done picking in a half an hour! Ppl were impressed with the size of our bucket. E had to carry it with two hands to the checkout. The guy poured it into one of their cardboard boxes and subtracted two pounds from the total.
East Bay Green Corridor is always impressive to drive through. The metal windmills are huge!
That was our ohana’s first time to a Rubio’s; it’s all about fish and shrimp. I had their Classic Trio of tacos; the second one had some kick.
For the rest of the day I sewed which you read about here. Mahalo nui loa for your wonderful support. I’ll be visiting Joann Fabrics tomorrow to get material for my next project! And mahalo plenty for your sweet comments on the pic of the keiki and me + on my shawl. I told a friend on IG I used to be on fleek every day when we lived in the city and now I run around in an oversized tee with leggings + my new, first pair of Birkenstocks! I only put on make up when we have something to do in San Francisco, LOL. I haven’t knitted all week which is why there’s no YOP post today; hopefully I’ll have some mojo this week.
Well, enjoy your Sunday. I hope it’s lovely and full of sunshine. TTYL.