Aloha. Howz it? Did you get to enjoy some warm weather? What is one thing you enjoyed from your weekend? For me I have two to share:
- This Holy Crab burger I had ordered for Saturday’s early dinner after a trip up into the city. It was very good. I crave burgers sometimes because it’s something I don’t make at home because the keiki don’t like them.
- I got crazy and decide to marathon the second season of Good Witch while looking around Netflix Saturday night. I started around seven and finished near four in the morning. Twelve episodes. I enjoyed the second season.
And how was your reading this week? Mine was simple so my post today is short. One of my 2017 goals this year is to continue some of the series I’ve read in the past. I enjoyed the first of The Carsons of Mustang Creek series. I had this second one on hold and immediately dived into it once it was my turn.
It was good. I liked the brotherly banter between Drake and his brothers. I always enjoy the presence of animals in a story. I wasn’t overly impressed with the development of the relationship; it was simple and like a total beach read. The plot actually had an interesting minor storyline of a situation with wild horses. I wish that had been more developed because it was intriguing to read about the behavior of these mammals and how they can affect ranch life. Three stars.
This cozy mystery series is highly rated on Goodreads. I am so glad I picked it. I loved it! The narrator did a great job with her voice portrayals of the characters. I liked Maura’s time in Ireland, from how she became part of a simple, happy community that had interesting members to how she was able to shed the last of her Boston troubles and gain some footing. While there was a murder, this book was about Maura.
Four stars. I have requested the second book. I wish it was an audiobook version since I liked the narrator but I can’t be choosy since it’s free. I’m looking forward to continuing the series.
Currently Reading/Listening to
- Anna of Byzantium by Tracy Barrett
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling
- The Jane Austen BBC Radio Drama Collection: Six BBC Radio Full-Cast Dramatisations
- On the Way to the Wedding (The Bridgertons #8) by Julia Quinn
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
What the Dames Are Reading
- Dear Pen Pal (The Mother-Daughter Book Club #3) by Heather Vogel Frederick & Free Verse by Sarah Dooley
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #43 by Thom Zahler, Tony Fleecs (illustrator)