Good afternoon on this Hump Day. How’s your Wednesday goin’? I’m letting a second dose of zinc absorb into my system trying to beat down the start of a sore throat that I had late, last night. The husband asked me this morning why did I have it? I told him the stress from hookin’ fast and furiously to make that deadline + CNY prep is comin’ out. I remind myself one thing at a time is all I can do.
Every Monday, Kathy B, formerly of Irisheyesknitters on Blogspot. would host, “Monday Q&A.” I enjoyed reading her questions every week and got to learn fun things about her through her answers. We, her dedicated readers, were also invited to jump in and answer the list in the comments section. How fun is that?
So now, this retired nurse has hopped over to WordPress to her new blog, Compassionknit. where the Monday tradition continues! Last week, she asked us to submit questions and showcased them for this week’s Monday. My answers are in amber.
- What fear have you conquered? (Thanks Amy from Love Made MY HOME) I think I’ve conquered the fear of public speaking, although not to say I wouldn’t be nervous or anything. If I really had to, I feel I’d be more prepared and more confident since I have two years of speaking in front of parents.
- What’s your favorite spicy food? (Amy again) Curry
- What’s a color you never wear? (Thanks Kim, who always plays Q and A) Pastels make me feel washed out.
- When sock knitters want a bigger needle project, what do you knit? (Thanks Sandy) I would say a project in worsted weight which is usually a size 7 (4.5 mm) or an 8 (5 mm) for me.
- When did you last read Shakespeare? (Again Sandy) Uh, high school?
- Are you gregarious or solitary? (Sandy thanks) I am both.
- What’s your favorite cookie recipe and why? (Stefanie of Wooly Cakes and Wooden Spoons!) Peanut Butter Blossoms which are sadly enough not made anymore since Jellybean gets upset when she can’t have any due to her mild peanut allergy.
- Do you dip your PB and J in milk? (Fireman!) No, as I have never heard of that before. I usually make PB toast that is topped by a sliced banana, like how Elvis ate his.
- Do you feel you are becoming a better knitter or have your skills leveled off? (lil ol me) I am becoming a better knitter, especially with sock knitting because I’ve gotten more experience under my belt and besides, there are other types of knitting I’d like to try, like brioche.
- When’s the last time you broke a needle? (me) Between July and December last year. I’ve actually broken three DPN’s: the first was my Clover Takumi bamboo as I thought bending it back into shape was possible – NOT; the second, a birch wood one of my Brittany set; and last, one my Knitter’s Pride Dreamz of a set I had picked up in Seattle at So Much Yarn. So this is why I loosened my grip on my size 0’s [2.0 mm] when I knit socks.
As you can see, not all questions are about knitting so anyone can join in on the fun on Kathy B’s Compassionknit. I hope you check her out and start followin’ her so I can learn more about you. TTYL!