Hi there. ٩( ᐛ )و TGIF! What are your plans this weekend? I get to see my high school peeps! It’s been a 15 and a half months since I last saw them. With two nurses who usually work opposite weekends, it is difficult to wrangle the six of us together. I’m excited to see them.
While I was typing up the last post, I told myself that I can post sooner, that I didn’t have to wait until I had a whole bunch of recipes or cards made. Does that sound good? I know I don’t mind reading short, blog posts.
So the reason why I haven’t been doing much knitting is because of The Other Craft. You recently read about my 10-Card Challenge. Thank you so much for your lovely reactions to that post. I get great joy out of creating these cards. Sometimes I can do it with ease, other times, I get stumped. Lately, I’ve been experimenting before deciding upon a final design. An hour and a half can easily go by while I’m immersed in paper.
So for the past two days, I’ve been working upon two more cards. Remember the lavender music one for my paternal grandmother? I had asked Susan, a.k.a. (on IG) madtown_mama, if she had wanted one because she’s also a pianist. I love the piano as I had taken lessons in high school to college.
I didn’t know at first whether to send her that card with or without writing in it. It crossed my mind that maybe she wanted to do something with it. Therefore I decided to make it smaller so it’d fit into a bigger card, the biggest I can make one is 4.5″ x 5.5″. This is what I created:
- Layered panels
- Inkadinkado Cameras Clear Stamp Set
- a patterned stamp from a calligraphy alphabet set
- Hampton Art Vintologie Clear Stamps & Adhesive Stencil – Occasions set
- Colorbox Archival Dye, Full Size – Moody Blue
- Hampton Art Pigment Ink Pad – White
- Recollections 8 ½ x 11 Cardstock – Creme & Navy
- Sequin (JoAnn’s)
- Stampin’ Up Brights Enamel Shapes
Inside the camera card, I tucked in this variation:
- card sketch SC333
- 4″ x 5″
- Sorry, this set is from way back and I can’t find a brand name on it.
- Colorbox Pigment Ink – Iris
- Recollections 8 ½ x 11 Cardstock – Purple Passion & Neutral Cardstock
- Daiso Chiyogami Paper – Old Paper
- Darice Baker’s Twine
I’m glad I have a yarn scale as I’ve been weighing these card creations before mailing them off. This whole thing was 1.64 oz, needing double postage. I hope Susan likes the new design.
With this off of my to-do list, I can have an easy weekend and get some knitting in.I hope you have a yummy meal planned for this evening’s dinner. Have a relaxing and fun filled Saturday and Sunday. TTYL!