*bops head to The Ultimate Box Set of Hidden Beach Recordings Presents: UNWRAPPED*
On Ravelry – a FB like site that is free for those who knit, crochet, spin yarn, dye yarn, or weave yarn – has a group called Year of Projects located here. YOP1617 or Year of Projects 2016-2017 has just started, yesterday the 3rd.
I’m only getting to my post today since yesterday I had to catch up on the 95+ posts I didn’t have time to read while on holiday. If you follow me on IG, you’ll know what I’m talking about. Don’t worry, that’ll be another post for another day.
I haven’t participated in this meme for I guess two years now. I’m going back to basics and will explain in the next podcast that should happen later on this week.
YOP’s first post is all about the list. Earlier this 2016, I published a post on my knitting bucket list. How’s that coming along, Stef? Uh, it’s gone to sh*t. Nothing has been freakin’ accomplished. Idlewood has been idle for weeks since my dye lot, Homer Simpson moment. This is why I’m jumping back into the Year of Projects pool. I want some knits for me, damn it.
- Finish Cecily Glowik MacDonald’s Idlewood
- Knit a good, ol’ standard jumper for myself: Brick by Clare Lee and maybe have some kind of stripe detail somewhere and/or lace
- A much, wanted must – a stranded, colorwork yoke jumper: Either First Fair Isle by yu co or Lysa by Hilary Smith Callis
- I love this book of patterns: Primrose Ascot by Pam Powers
- I drool over this every time Jen flashes it on her blog + I love feather and fan; it’s so classic: Altitude Cowls ~ Lace by Jenjoyce Designs
- This is hella cool and has been branded into my brain besides making me think of Julie Kagawa’s Talon: Dragon Wing Cowl by Jessie Rayot
- I do love to accessorize with scarves when it’s cold and am getting bored with what I have: Color Tipped Scarf by Purl Soho
- I covet this pattern every time someone posts about it: Blueberry Waffle Socks by Sandy Turner
- Love the texture of this pattern: I Heart Bees by Vanessa Townley
- I’ve owned this eBook for ages; it’s time I knitted something from it: Isle Esme Socks by Rachel Coopey
- Totally envious when Kat Riddell showed off hers on her blog: From Another Place Crop Top by Leah Coccari-Swift
- Allyson flashed this many times on IG; loved her in it and I like how it looks great on any body type: Fire Opal Tee by Allyson Dykhuizen
I know this list is ambitious, especially since I’m knitting *sighs* five pairs of socks for Christmas gifts. I don’t expect to get through everything, but I hope to at least knock out one to two patterns from each section.
Are you in?