Greetings and salutations. I want to express my gratitude for your unfiltered impressions and opinions. They buoy me up as support and wrap around me as warmth.
Braves the Cold with a Stop Sign is a success. The crossing guard was cute as I could tell no one has knitted for her before. She wasn’t quite sure what the knit was and how to use it. I showed her the pic from two posts ago and she was like, “Cool, thanks!” I’m glad to have given her something unique that she’ll always remember.
It’s funny. I thought I wouldn’t be around much this week but here I am again. It will most likely be different the next two weeks as our dames will be home. That means this mum will be on call for as long as they’re awake each day.
1. I am still in love with Malabrigo Rios even though I had to travel 23.8 miles for another skein:
2. I was able to find three, unique buttons for this cowl:
Drying is taking considerable time so I enlisted the help of a portable heater which only helps a teeny bit:
I still have more blocking to do!
Note to Self: When having to bake for the masses, use tried and true recipes; otherwise, you’ll waste the day and ingredients:
Ever see on Pinterest those surprise loaves/cakes that have colored shapes or letters inside? Doing something like has been on my baking bucket list for a long time.
- After a fruitless search at Target for mini cookie cutters, I figured I’d use what I have – a small leaf one.
2. I tried out Martha’s pound cake recipe. It came out very dense. In truth, I think the batter had too much whipping action. I cut out 40+ mini leaves.
3. The Wilton mini loaf pan was sprayed and leaves were lined up single file, five in a row.
4. I tried a new, pumpkin recipe that was geared for the Wilton pan. However, this batter came out so thick! <(｀^´)> You can see in this fourth photo that the batter didn’t cover the leaves on the bottom 〴⋋_⋌〵!
5. For the second batch, I placed some batter on the bottom first to see if that helped.
6. While it did, the leaf shape is nothing but a blob. Boo ╚═[ ˵ •̀ ﹏ •́ ˵ ]═╝!
So, in conclusion, I let the crew eat some and the princesses gave the rest to their friends today. Yes, yes, I know; at least none were wasted.
Would I try something like this again? I’m on the fence but hanging over the no-side. It’s a lot of work. I would have been happier making cupcakes and frosting them.
Off to figure out dinner. Thanks for stopping by.