And how was your weekend?
Mine started off wonderfully with a first-thing-in-the-morning weigh-in; I lost another 2 lbs! Seven altogether since June, thank you very much. So after a happy drop off and a solid, good run and weights session, my focus centered upon the tween.
Princess Cupcake turned 11 this past Friday:
1. We celebrated with the family the weekend before. Her Big Pop made sure his granddaughter had the strawberry shortcake she specifically requested.
2. Simple tacos on her actual birthday.
3. Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Caramel Drizzle – I need to work on my caramel.
4. Goofy girl – a glimpse of what she’s known for – among us, her SF BFF, and neighborhood friends.
5. My go-to for chocolate cupcakes – Martha Stewart’s One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes (Of course I use the high quality, Dutch process cocoa powder.)
6. Me and the tween
7. Blueberry pancakes for her, her first-sleepover guest, and our crew. I always use Something Swanky’s recipe for pankcake mix. They really do come out fluffy.
Simplicity at its best: Tasty food, wonderful company, and lots of laughter. Our girl was happy, and that was all that mattered.